Quantcast

About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

12

About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

timothyjc
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi guys

About this forum:

I created this forum because I am getting too much mail to answer it all about the app. Check the forum to see if your question has been answered before asking it please. This forum is the place to suggest features, report bugs, etc. I won't be replying to emails or blog comments any more. If you have a question or bug please make the title of your post obvious, so that other users know what you are asking rather than something like 'My Suggestion' :)

Development plans:

Next up is a version optimized for 7 inch tablets. I intend to buy one of the new Nexus 7, and the Nexus 10 tablets, so the next major release will be after I get my hands on these.

Tim

Re: About this forum and future plans for Weather Eye

Vladimir
Is it possible to add a widget which will show the graph of temperatures and weather conditions in the next 24 hours?

Re: About this forum and future plans for Weather Eye

timothyjc
Administrator
Maybe in a future release. It's not as high priority as some other dev work such as adding 15 day forecasts and the 48hour info...

Re: About this forum and future plans for Weather Eye

Lder
First of all: Congratulations for the AMAZING app. Best weather app ever. Beautiful design, fantastic widgets and great functionality (even the weather accuracy is very good)! Honestly i was simply blown away. Don't change much because i believe you've reached the sweet spot!!!!
I'm running android 2.3.6 in a Samsung Galaxy S and after i installed your app i've encountered some slight performance issues on the phone. The app has any memory leaks or performance problems?
I've found some widget problems like not saving the weather after not finding a wi-fi connection or after phone reboot.
Everything else seems working great and if you fix this i'm surely going to get the paid app because you deserve it. By the away very good Portuguese translation!
Have you ever thought about adding a 4x4 widget containing forecast and other information.
Take care

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

jay113
Hi Timothyjc,
Your app is fantastic. I just love it. Excellent design and ergonomics. I bought the ad free version.
Do you plan to develop expendable notifications like "Notification Weather" ?
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/13/new-app-notification-weather-offers-current-conditions-and-forecasts-in-expandable-notifications/

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

timothyjc
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Yeah - that has been something several users have been wanting since I first released the app. Probably in the next release I will take advantage of the new expandable notifications...

In fact: I'll make a little list here to remind myself of what I have to add.

Expandable Notifications
Lock Screen Widgets
Rework Icon
7 inch tablet version (waiting on getting my new Nexus 7 and 10... hurry up Google!)
Maybe a forecast graph somewhere
Sunrise and sunset
Optimize data usage

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

fraser
One thing I would love to see is different weather sources and extreme weather alerts.

For instance in Canada, Environment Canada is usually the best source for weather, understandably not all features may be available, But this would also give us weather alerts in Canada.

I am sure for other regions outside of the US and Canada, there are other preferred weather forecast sources that are desirable.

PS great clean app. It's my favourite, even though the forecast is often wrong for my area.

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

yoshi
hello.ImJapanese. I'm not good English.Sorry.

I use this application. Very good.

But,I notice not good point.

「Sunny→日照り」←Not Good

「Sunny→晴れ」←Good

So,Please change Japanese word,if you can.

This application is very good.

request for future improvements

Randy
Love the app, especially the icons! In future releases, any chance of adding a link or easy place to read a forecast discussion?
Keep up the great work!

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

timothyjc
Administrator
Progress Update: I've been lazy!

Been taking a break over xmas.
My Nexus 7 has arrived and I have ordered a new laptop cause mine is on its last legs now - it should be here in a few days after which I will get back into development mode...
If I haven't replied to your suggestions its because I was not working, but once I start developing I will take a look at them all and incorporate the suggestions I think are good.

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

David
Hi!

When will you refresh the app? :-P

Best,
David

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

timothyjc
Administrator
I just got a real job :(
I will have to do some updates in my spare time now, which means mostly just weekends.
I might take a look this weekend and see how much I can do...

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

eadred
1) Could you please add a bigger widget (4x4) with bigger icons, so it takes one whole screen?
2) Also could you please allow to change temperature notification color?
3) it would be great to be able to choose short term forecast in the widget, and not only 4 days forecast.
4) temperature shown in notification bar and in widget are the same, but the current temperature in the app is different. Something is wrong here. That's a major issue
5) hourly forecast would be a great addition
All in all, congrats ! Your app has the potential to be a real hit if you can find the time to fine tune it.

Re: About this forum and future plans for Weather Eye

Fraser Smith
This should be implemented into the notification as well that appears when its pulled down.

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

Rob Caldecott
I know you get a lot of posts about new functionality, etc. But it's also clear you don't have a great deal of time on your hands currently. Please be aware that this app has a *huge* following, and chances are if someone recommends an Android weather app now someone will suggest this one.

I have been reviewing Android weather apps over on Google+ and this is by far my favourite. However, it has one annoying bug. When you open the main app it sometimes hasn't updated the weather for days and won't do unless you switch to a different location. Is there any chance of a quick fix for this? I'm sure it would make a lot of people very happy.

Other than this I do find the accuracy of provider to be a little suspect at times. If you ever get around to changing or offering a choice then I think you will have nailed it. I don't think this app needs to be packed with things like weather radar, etc. and one of the strengths is the simplicity of the design.

You have done an amazing job with this app, putting together something that no-one else can touch from a UI standpoint (and I've tested about a dozen other apps so far and installed many more to try them).

Excellent work. I hope you find time to continue development as if this app were to fall by the wayside now I think it would be a terrible shame and a big loss to the platform as a whole.

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

eadred
For me the accuracy of weather predictions is absolutely perfect.

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

itsmykl
I see it mentioned several places but do not see - or have - solution to bar temp staying up to current. Have I missed something?  Also I find wunderground*
com quite useful so if you implement sourcing an expanded site, please make this a choice.  Like app a lot except bar updating. (Google Nexus)

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

Joel
Any further news on the Nexus 7 update? I know you're busy and all, but really looking forward to the update.

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

timothyjc
Administrator
Almost done. Hopefully next weekend I will be ready to release. The release wont include everything I want to add though so there will be more releases after then too.

Re: About this forum and future plans for Eye In Sky

Gunther
Just a few requests:

1) Add ability to reorder locations - I think currently its ordered alphabetically by country but I want a certain location first so that it shows first when opening the app.

2) Option to remove the arrows on the big cities widget because I don't want to cycle through locations.

3) Option to exclude "current location" for in the big cities widget that always appears at the end of the cities when pressing the right arrow.
12