it takes way too much memory and storage

it takes way too much memory and storage

mato
The app is way too big. It takes too much of the internal storage and cannot be (at least) partially moved to SD card. RAM usage is huge too, at times, something I wouldn't expect from such simple app.

Re: it takes way too much memory and storage

timothyjc
Administrator
Yeah - it is a little big. The size comes from including all the icon sets. As far as the install location, the widgets do not work if I allow the sdcard install location, so my hands are kind of tied...sorry.

Re: it takes way too much memory and storage

mato
Well, cannot icon sets be better compressed ?
Also, the widget may need to be in internal storage but surely not all the resources. What if you kept all icon sets on SD card and copy to internal storage just icon set chosen for active widget ?
I'm sure you can figure something out. I like your app, just that it is way too big for what it does.

Re: it takes way too much memory and storage

Lder
I understand what you're saying but i don't agree. Don't take me wrong: space is always precious! But good apps with fantastic design and AMAZING icons naturally takes up some space. Accuweather is 10 Mb. So 7mb for an app like this is quite acceptable. I wouldn't sacrifice any of the icons, functionality or design for 2 or 3 MB extra space. However CPU and RAM are more important to me and it seems the app needs improvement in that area.